Friday, September 27, 2013

Kombucha: Trying new flavors (Part III)




I've really enjoyed tasting my flavor combinations over the last few days. (See Part 1 and Part II)

Blueberry: Lovely color. Not carbonated. (See Part II)
Blueberry Ginger: Need to up the ginger content.
Plain: Bottled in beer bottle style. Very nice carbonation.
Hops: Very pleasant flavor. Perfect for those poor preggo ladies!
Wasabi Peas: I like the concept of wasabi but the peas got soggy and it didn't really make the drink spicy.
Peppermint Tea: Nice tannins. Pleasant smell. Not pepperminty - just tea like.

The biggest thing I learned is that I don't like the screw cap bottles and prefer beer caps as a method of bottling and as a fledgling home-brewer I have that equipment! :)

What are your favorite kombucha flavors? 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment