Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kombucha: Kombucha and Shrub


Shrub's, or drinking vinegars, are flavored vinegars used as ingredients in mixed drinks and cocktails. I mixed up a Mango Lime Shrub a few days ago because it's been on my to-do list for a long time and because the gals from AlphabetSoup Podcast would be proud of me, but primarly to use the finished shrub as fodder for my post Vegan MoFo slump. 

I wanted to try a non-alchohlic version today so I headed to my fridge but as we are NOT a juice family there was no mixer to be found. Well except for bottles and bottles of craft beer and kombucha. Kombucha it was to be!

This was fan-fucking-tastic! The lime was delicate and the mango was sweet and smooth. I do think my shrub is a tad on the sweet side - but that's fine when it's paired with the acidic nature of kombucha. 

There will be more shrubs in my future!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment