Friday, May 31, 2013

Banana Bread

My local grocery store had bananas on sale so I bought a bunch, planning on making banana bread. I always think that banana bread takes a multitude of bananas but the recipes I found only called for a few. I had way more than a few bananas and they were on the edge of spoiling so this is my third, extra long loaf of banana bread in as many days. (Don't worry! I didn't eat it all! Most of it is in the freezer!)


I picked up an extra long loaf pan (commonly called a pullman's loaf pan) at the thrift store a few days ago. Having so many bananas I made some extra long loaves to use them up!


Banana Bread (adopted from How it All Vegan by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer

6-7 bananas
2 tablespoons lemon/lime juice
1 cup oil
1 cup sweetener
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Mash the bananas with a fork until very mushy, then mix in the lemon juice, oil, and sugar. In a separate, larger bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the banana mixture to the flour and mix until just combined. Pour into an oiled loaf pan. Bake for 80-90 minutes at 350 or until a knife inserted comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment