Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cooking from VeganMoFo: 2011

While VeganMoFo was a while ago, I continue to be inspired by the recipes and posts from that month. It is a shame to let all those awesome, creative ideas fade into memories of MoFo past. Therefore, I am making it a New Year pledge to make at least one recipe a month from MoFo-land. Here are my top 12!

1. These steamed BBQ seitan buns are high on my list because I have never steamed bread before.
2. As a Saskatchewan-born gal, I really appreciate these Ukrainian Cabbage Rolls.
3. After purchasing some adzuki bean paste, I am definitely inspired to try this alternative Sweet Potato Paste (with accompanying recipe ideas!)
4. VeganMoFo may as well have been the month of vegan tacos! I was particularly inspired by these Bourban Seitan tacos!
5. Bread risen with salt? Sounds like a challenge! I accept!
6. Quick flat breads make me happy. Chickpea flour makes me happier. Mix 'em together and this happy clam can make some socca.
7. Homebrewed Kombucha
8. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - identical to the ones consumed during my non-vegan childhood.
9. Easy, breezy, homemade coconut milk.
10. Fermentation city with these Daikon n'Mustard Pickles.
11. I always eye the plaintains in the grocery store - but almost never purchase any for want of ideas however this mashed plaintain recipe looks awesome.
12. Homemade Dill Pickle Potato Chips. No more info needed.

Falling under 'Awesome-idea-and-really-want-to-do-but-probably-will-never-actually accomplish is:
a. Fresh Homemade Yuba From Scratch

Honourable Mention:
One of my favorite mo-fo posts is this one about cooking playlists.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including mine :)
    This is a great list! I seemed to have missed a couple of interesting sounding ones here so I'm going to check them out. Thanks for sharing your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear your goal of brewing your own Kombucha! It's vastly rewarding and much cheaper than buying a bottle everyday like I used to. Feel free to ask me any questions that might come up during the brewing process.
    -Ali.

    ReplyDelete