Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cooking from VeganMoFo: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mother used to make these when I was a kid. I remember those pumpkin chocolate chip cookies very vividly. It's odd - the things you remember.

I made two versions of these cookies. The first was my MoFo inspiration but I ended up under baking them. That recipe also happened to not be true to my childhood memories. They were not orange enough or pumpkin-y enough. I think that was due to the inclusion of brown sugar.

The second version was amazing! I used the recipe from The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur by Kelly Peloza. A book I have been coveting for a while now. I finally picked it up for 5 bucks! These were the "Autumn Clouds Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies". They were amazingly orange and pumpkin-y.

I know pumpkin cookies are slightly out of season but a good trip down memory lane is appreciated no matter the seasonal inappropriateness of the food!

What seasonal inappropriate foods are you consuming?

No comments:

Post a Comment