Monday, November 9, 2015

Review: Sweet Shop of Dreams



I enjoyed this quick read where a London gal moves to the countryside to help her ailing aunt out with a sweet shop. The plot is very straight forward as most major plot points are guessed light years before they occur but the writing is fast paced and interesting so I enjoyed the book. 

There are flashbacks from the Aunt's POV which are fine but written in a very difficult to read scripty font which is very tiresome. Additionally, there are sweet based chapter openings that are written in yet another font and seem very out of place but half way through the book I realized that they are supposed to be excerpts from the Aunt's sweet shop book. 

There are some problems with this book but overall I enjoyed it! 

Check out my Goodreads page for more food themed fiction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment