Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bread Baking Day #44 - Autumn flavors

I participated in the August version of Bread Baking Day. It was a blast and I got to eat this excellent Sourdough Onion Bread as a result. You can find the complete round up for BBD #43 here. I was super excited to volunteer to host this month's BBD! The home site of BBD can be found here. Another interesting page is the World Bread Day.

View breadbaki...jpg in slide show
I think an excellent theme for November is Autumn Flavors. I am envisioning breads made with root vegetables, pumpkin, squash, cinnamon, nuts and any other flavors that remind you of autumn.
To enter:
Bake some awesome autumn flavored bread then send an email to wingedsnail99 [at] hotmail [dot] ca with the following information:
Your name
Your location
Name of your blog
Permalink for the entry
an image of the bread (100x100)

Deadline : 1 Dec 2011

I'll post the round-up on 5 Dec 2011.
I hope you enjoy the challenge this month! :)

11 comments:

  1. Can recipes can be written in Spanish?
    Cheers and thanks for hosting!
    Palmira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, thanks for hosting BBD.
    I'm curious about the name of your blog; winged snail. I looked on wikipedia and found a beautiful underwater snail with wings. I've seen many nudibranchs when I was diving, but never this one. What made you choose this name for your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palmira - the recipe can be in Spanish. but please email me the info in English.
    Connie - Winged Snail is a family joke - origins already forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just blogged, hope everything is ok with the mail:

    http://cindystarblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/grissini-ai-ceci-e-rosmarino-bbd-44.html

    see you at the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sarah, my mail can't get through, don't know why :-(

    Your name: Cinzia
    Your location: Garda Lake, Italy
    Name of your blog: Cindystar
    Permalink for the entry: http://cindystarblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/grissini-ai-ceci-e-rosmarino-bbd-44.html

    take your favorite picture from the post please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sarah!
    My post can be find in:
    http://cravoecanela-umacozinhanosbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/12/bread-baking-day-44-caracois-de-outono.html
    But I'm having trouble in sending you the mail (the message just keep coming back!)
    My name is Manuela
    Name of the blog: Cravo e Canela - Uma Cozinha no Brasil
    Location: São Paulo, Brazil

    Please choose the foto you like the best.

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manuela - I can't get a photo off your post. Please email it to [wingedsnail99] at [hotmail] dot [ca]
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah,
    I'll try to send, but the emails keep coming back. Is it possible that your mailbox will be full?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah,
    I didn't find my participation in the roundup. I realy have tried to send you the email but it keeps coming back. You can copy and save a picture from the post I've tried my self and it's possible. I would apreciate that you could answer this comment because my previous message to you on this comments didn't appear yet. I think we cant let technology defeat us. You can mention my participation even without the foto if you cant copy it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Manuela:
    Your link has always been included in the post.
    I cannot get a picture from your post.
    Please leave your email in a comment as I cannot find it on your blog.
    Email: wingedsnail99 (at) hotmail (dot) ca

    ReplyDelete