I made a list of 13 Food Resolutions for 2013 as well a garden plan. (and extra goals!)
1. Tangzhong method
1. Milk Liqueur
2. Drinking chocolate from cacao beans that I roasted and ground myself. (Inspiration)
3. Rice Wine
1. Red velvet cake made with beets.
2. Watermelon Red Pepper Gazpacho (Vegan Secret Supper)
3. Black Pepper Tofu
1. Beet Marmalade
3. Canned orange segments, candied orange peels, and orange pectin (2013 Resolution)
4. Watermelon Rind Pickles (2013 Resolution)
2. 24 one gallon batches of home brew (2013 Resolution)
3. Make a batch of rootbeer, gingerbeer, and fermented lemonade. (2013 Resolution)
4. Make sour beets for borscht. (2013 Resolution)
5. Homemade apple cider vinegar. (2013 Resolution)
9. Homemade Vinegar
1. Homemade rose water (2013 Resolution)
2. Vanilla extract (2013 Resolution)
3. Forage for cattails (2013 Resolution)
4. Save ashes from campfire to make Cherokee Sour Corn Drink from Wild Fermentation by Sandor Ellix Katz (2013 Resolution)
5. Make and use a reflector oven. (2013 Resolution)
6. Master the five mother sauces.
7. Old Water
1. Successful Gardening season (2013 Resolution)
a. Successfully complete a growing season - motivated by An Illustrated Guide to Growing Food on Your Balcony by lara lucretia mrosovsky
b. Start composting via a balcony composter.
c. Grow Nasturtium flowers and harvest the seeds into capers.
d. Grow herbs and make herbes Salees.
e. Begin growing ginger.