Friday, October 19, 2012

Cooking from Vegan MoFo: Scoby

1 bottle raw, unpasteurized Kombucha with no fruit juice added
2 bags caffeinated tea
1 T sugar
Large glass jar
Piece of breathable fabric
rubber band

Place sugar and tea bags in jar. Pour in 2 cups of boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes then remove the tea bags. Stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool then pour in the whole bottle of store-bought Kombucha. Cover jar with fabric and secure with rubber band. Place bowl in a war, dry space free of drafts and sunlight. Let sit for full two weeks without disturbing it.

My Scoby is growing. I'll be updating the blog under the tag 'drinking' with the results of this experiment! 

  
Come find me at Canzine and claim your free zine when you mention this blog! 

2 comments:

  1. This is great motivation b/c I have a scoby sitting on my counter and I haven't made my Kombucha yet. Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love brewing kombucha! The best part is inventing new flavors. :)

    ReplyDelete