Friday, December 2, 2011

Dough: Multigrain Sour

Because the entire month of October was devoted to bread I went on a sort of bread baking hiatus for a month and I totally missed it. This loaf was devoured by yours truly in 1.5 days. It was perfect. A ton of grains and super sour. I even got a pretty nice burst which always makes me happy.

Multigrain Sourdough Bread
Soak overnight:

2 cups starter
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup Bulgar
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 T quinoa
2 T sesame seeds
2 T millet
1 cup warm water
1 cup all-purpose flour

Add:
2 T oil
2 t sugar
1 cup all purpose flour

Knead. Rise 2 hours. Shape. Rise 2 hours. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Notes:
I've made a similar version of this before, but it did not have enough grains. This loaf did. The worse thing about this loaf is that it only makes one loaf! :)

This is my entry to BBD #44 (which I am hosting for November! I hope you got your entry in!) additionally I will be submitting it to yeastspotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment